HUD has published a guide for using Emergency Housing Vouchers (EHVs). The purpose of the guide is to provide an overview of EHVs, highlight program best practices, and reduce inequities. Topics covered by the guide include the following :
- Background and Purpose [of EHVs];
- Key Features of Emergency Housing Vouchers;
- Partnerships and Collaborative Planning;
- Emergency Housing Voucher Program Design;
- Use of the Service Fee;
- Coordinated Entry and Emergency Housing Voucher Referral Processes;
- EHV Waiver and Alternative Requirements Checklist;
- Sample Memorandum of Understanding;
- Example of a Homeless Provider’s Certification;
- Example of a Victim Service Provider’s Certification;
- EHV Referral Packet Template: Sample Forms; and
- EHV Portability Scenarios.
The full guide can be found here.