The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD or the Department) has posted several new resources for its foster youth to independence initiative (See Notice PIH 2019-20). The initiative allows for PHAs without a Family Unification Program to request tenant protection vouchers (TPVs) for youth aging out of foster care on an as-needed basis. The Department has posted several resources related to the initiative.
These resources include the following:
- a webinar (see above);
- a webinar script;
- webinar presentation slides;
- Official Documentation;
- Notice PIH 2019-20;
- Summary of the initiative;
- FAQ on the initiative (Questions not answered by the FAQ should be emailed to FYITPV@hud.gov);
- Initiative TPV Sample Email Request for Assistance;
- Other Resources;
- Family Unification Program Website;
- Housing and Child Welfare Website;
- Services for Homeless and Runaway Youth; and
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF) two part podcast on housing and child welfare (Part 1 | Part 2).
All of these resources can also be found on HUD’s Foster Youth to Independence website here.