An official at HUD has let me know that the Department has updated the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program Two-Year Tool. The Two-Year Tool allows PHAs to model HCV program behavior so that they can make informed decisions on how to manage their HCV programs.
To use the tool, PHAs should enter their PHA code and click “Open and Populate Tool.” End users may need to enable macros in Excel for the tool to work properly.
The following changes have been made to the tool:
- An option to break out a PHA’s program into its main components (e.g., tenant-based vouchers, regular project-based vouchers, Rental Assistance Demonstration project-based vouchers (RAD-PBVs), etc.);
- This feature can be found in “Access Additional Tools”;
- Options to take into account a growing PBV program (the Two-Year Tool now includes a PBV.RAD tab that examines a PHA’s PBV program in detail–including information from VMS, PIC, and other HUD administrative data sources);
- If applicable, this tab will open automatically;
- An option to look at prior years’ SEMAP scores; and
- An option to look at historical UML, UMA, HAP, and PUC information for a PHA’s special-purpose vouchers.
Questions on the Two-Year tool can be directed to Patrick Hatch.
The tool can be found here.