Earlier today, the Housing Voucher Financial Management Division sent a notice via email reiterating that additional administrative fees are available for PHAs that are implementing Small Area Fair Market Rents (FMRs). Eligible activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Outreach to families and landlords;
- Development of additional briefing materials;
- Hiring of additional staff;
- Staff training;
- Changing rent reasonableness methodology; and
- Software modification.
Both PHAs that must mandatorily implement Small Area FMRs and PHAs that choose to voluntarily implement Small Area FMRs are eligible to apply. To apply, PHAs must submit the following:
- Letter addressed to Steven Durham, the Director of the Office of Housing Voucher Programs, requesting reimbursement of costs for adoption of Small Area FMRs;
- A board resolution confirming the adoption of Small Area FMRs;
- Supporting documentation showing expenses incurred or estimated;
- Narrative describing how the above expenses tie to Small Area FMR implementation; and
- Certification Signature of the Executive Director.
Electronic applications should be submitted no later than 3 pm ET on Friday, Dec. 31, 2018. Applications should be emailed to PIH.Financial.Management.Division@hud.gov. The subject line must include the PHA Code and the text “SAFMR – Special Fee Request.”
The full notice sent in the email can be found here.
[11/13/2018 3:20 pm ET edit – The link above has been revised to reflect that HUD sent another letter correcting a date in the attachment.]