Yesterday, HUD sent an email extending the deadline to apply for higher administrative fee rates to Friday, June 23, 2017 at 5 pm ET. Earlier, HUD had extended the deadline for applying for Blended Administrative Fee Rates to the same date. The application method remains the same as noted in Notice PIH 2017-07 titled “Guidance related to (1) Eligibility for Potential Shortfall Funding Under the Calendar Year (CY) 2017 Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) Renewal Set-Aside for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program and (2) CY 2017 Administrative Fees.”
Click below for additional details on how to apply.
To request higher fees, PHAs must submit the following (more detailed instructions can be found in the notice linked to above):
- Actual Unrestricted Net Position as of December 31, 2016;
- Detailed actual administrative costs for the HCV program for CY 2016;
- The PHA’s CY 2017 HCV program administrative budget identifying anticipated reasonable and necessary costs, broken out in sufficient detail to to allow for review (there is no mandated form for this budget);
- If both unit month and budget authority utilization were below 95 percent in CY 2016, a statement why this occurred;
- A certification that the PHA has made withdrawals from the Administrative Fee reserves per official guidance provided in PIH 2015-07 titled “Use and Reporting of Administrative Fee Reserves“;
- An explanation of why the CY 2017 projected administrative fees are insufficient to cover program operating costs; and
- Certification by the chief executive of the PHA that the data is accurate.
Requests may be submitted electronically to FinancialManagementCenter@hud.gov using a subject line with the the following information: PHA Number (i.e., PHA xxx), 2017 Request for Higher Administrative Fee Rate. Alternatively, requests may be physically mailed to the following address: Financial Management Center, 2380 McGee Street Suite 400, Kansas City, Missouri 64108.