The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) guidebook continues to be updated by HUD. Most recently, chapters on Utility Allowances and Special Housing Types have been added. Currently available chapters include the following:
- Eligibility Determination and Denial of Assistance;
- Housing Search and Leasing;
- Payment Standards;
- Rent Reasonableness;
- Calculating Rent & Housing Assistance Payments (HAP);
- Utility Allowances (NEW; posted May 2020);
- Moves and Portability;
- Special Housing Types (NEW; posted May 2020); and
- Family Self-Sufficiency Guidebook and Online Training (Not a HCV guidebook chapter, but listed).
The National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials is excited that HUD is continuing to update its HCV guidebook. We enthusiastically await future chapters and the regular and timely updating of the guidebook.
The full guidebook may be accessed here.