Earlier today, HUD published a notice titled “Implementation of the Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2020 Funding Provisions for the Housing Choice Voucher Program” (PIH Notice 2020-04). The notice implements the funding provisions from the FY 2020 appropriations bill for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program.
The notice discusses the following:
- Calculation of calendar year (CY) 2020 HAP Renewal Funding;
- Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Set-aside categories;
- Tenant Protection Vouchers;
- Funding for Administrative costs;
- HUD-VASH funding;
- Tribal HUD-VASH funding;
- Mainstream Program;
- Family Unification Program (FUP);
- Mobility Demonstration funding;
- Instructions for applying for HAP set-aside funding;
- Moving to Work Agencies;
- Excluded Programs (i.e., Mod. Rehab. and Single Room Occupancy);
- HCV Financial Management;
- HAP Disbursements and Frontloading;
- Use of HAP and HAP RNP/HUD-Held Program Reserves;
- Use of Administrative Fees;
- VMS/FASS Reporting and Data Integrity;
- Prohibition on Over-leasing; and
- Use of Outside Sources of Funds.
We will have additional details as NAHRO staff read through the notice.
The notice can be found here.