Earlier this month, HUD continued its process of updating the Housing Choice Voucher guidebook by posting new chapters. The new chapters are on Eligibility Determination and Denial of Assistance, Calculating Rent & Housing Assistance Payments (HAP), and Reexaminations. Currently available chapters include the following:
- Eligibility Determination and Denial of Assistance (NEW; posted Nov. 2019);
- Housing Search and Leasing;
- Payment Standards;
- Rent Reasonableness;
- Calculating Rent & Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) (NEW; posted Nov. 2019);
- Moves and Portability;
- Reexaminations (NEW; posted Nov. 2019); and
- Family Self-Sufficiency Guidebook and Online Training (Not a HCV guidebook chapter, but listed).
The National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials is excited that HUD has begun to update their HCV guidebook in response to our encouragement. We enthusiastically await future chapters and the regular and timely updating of the guidebook.
The full guidebook can be accessed here.