Earlier today, the Financial Management Center at HUD sent an email stating that it has updated the Voucher Management System (VMS) Quick Reference Guide and the VMS User’s Manual. The updated text has been highlighted in green, so that it is easy to find within each document.
According to the email, the changes “provide clarification about the specific reporting requirements related to RAD, VASH and Mainstream programs.” Additionally, the following definitional fields have been updated (list taken from the email):
- All HAP Expense data – the change is located in the narrative found immediately before the Field Definitions;
- All Voucher HAP Expenses After the First of the Month;
- Rental Assistance Component 1 (HAP);
- Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HAP);
- All Voucher HAP Expenses for Contracts Effective After the First of the Month;
- 5-Year Mainstream – this change is located in the narrative found immediately before the Field Definitions;
- 5-Year Mainstream HAP;
- Number of PBVs Under HAP and Not Leased with Vacancy Payment and Associated Vacancy HAP Expense; and
- Number of PBVs Under HAP and Not Leased.
The updated VMS Quick Reference Guide can be found here.
The updated VMS User’s Manual can be found here.