Last week, HUD published a notice titled “Verification of Social Security Numbers (SSNs), Social Security (SS) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Benefits; and Effective Use of the Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) System’s Identity Verification Report” (PIH 2018-24). This notice supersedes the previous notice PIH 2012-10.
The notice includes the following updates from the previous notice:
- Updated website links and other references;
- Removal of the provision requiring a PHA to notify HUD Headquarters when the PHA determines the tenant name or surname reported on the HUD 50058 is correct;
- Revisions to the “Authorized Workaround” section for overdue examinations not completed due to pending litigation;
- Clarification of the penalties for noncompliance with EIV’s Identity Verification Report and elimination of the right to appeal the imposition of penalties; and
- Elimination of attachments.
The full notice can be found here.