Yesterday, HUD published notice PIH 2018-09, titled “Implementation of the Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2018 Funding Provisions for the Housing Choice Voucher Program.” This notice provides information about the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program implementation in 2018. Topics in this notice include calculation of calendar year (CY) 2018 Housing Assistance Payments (HAP); $75 million of HAP set-aside funding; tenant protection vouchers; funding for administrative costs; special-purpose vouchers; and other topics.
The notice also provides a brief summary of FY 2018 HCV account totals (for additional coverage, please see NAHRO’s Section 8 coverage of the FY 2018 Omnibus budget bill [members only]):
- HAP Renewal Funding – $19.6 billion;
- Tenant Protection Vouchers (TPV) – $85 million;
- Administrative Fees (both Ongoing and Additional) – $1.76 billion;
- Mainstream Program – $505 million;
- Tribal HUD-VASH renewals – $5 million;
- HUD-VASH vouchers – $40 million; and
- Family Unification Program – $20 million.
For additional information, please click below.