Yesterday, October 30, HUD published notice PIH 2017-21 (HA) titled “Implementation Guidance: Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2016 (HOTMA) – Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) and Project-Based Voucher (PBV) Provisions.” The notice provides additional guidance on HUD’s previous Federal Register notice implementing HOTMA’s changes to the definition of PHA-owned housing and changes to the project-based voucher program. It also incorporates HUD’s previous technical corrections notice.
This notice provides guidance on the following topics:
- PHA-Owned Units;
- PHA-Owned Units and Independent Entities;
- Percentage Limitation (Program Cap) and PHA Submission Requirements;
- PBV Percentage Limitation – 10 Percent Increase for Eligible Units;
- Income-Mixing Requirement (Project Cap);
- Units Not Subject to Percentage Limitation (Program Cap) or Income-Mixing Requirement (Project Cap);
- Priority of PBV HAP Contracts;
- PBV Biennial Inspections;
- Adding Units to PBV HAP Contract Without Competition;
- PBV Contract Termination or Expiration without Extension;
- Attaching PBVs to Certain PHA-Owned Projects Without Following a Competitive Process;
- Project-Basing Family Unification Program and HUD-VASH Vouchers;
- Appendix – PBV Program Cap Calculation Instructions;
- Appendix – PHA Plan, Administrative Plan, and Other PBV Topics;
- Appendix – Reporting; and
- Appendix – HCV, Homeownership, and PBV Inspection Requirements.
NAHRO is still in the process of reading through the notice and will provide additional information to our members.
The notice can be found here.