HUD Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) Oversight and Evaluation Division (OED) posted their quarterly conference call with UPCS-V Demonstration participants. UPCS-V is the inspection protocol that HUD is developing to replace Housing Quality Standards (HQS), which is the current inspection protocol used for the Housing Choice Voucher program.
The 10/25/17 UPCS-V conference call can be found here.
In order to aid communities and accelerate disaster recovery for those impacted by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria, HUD has announced a package of 19 regulatory and administrative waivers for the following Community Planning and Development (CPD) programs: The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program, HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program, Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) Program, and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program.
According to HUD, this waiver package represents the largest collections of regulatory and administrative waivers ever issued by the Department at one time. State and local grantees located in major disaster declared areas can now access a waiver through a new simplified notification process. HUD’s flexibilities include: Continue reading
Yesterday, October 30, HUD published notice PIH 2017-21 (HA) titled “Implementation Guidance: Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2016 (HOTMA) – Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) and Project-Based Voucher (PBV) Provisions.” The notice provides additional guidance on HUD’s previous Federal Register notice implementing HOTMA’s changes to the definition of PHA-owned housing and changes to the project-based voucher program. It also incorporates HUD’s previous technical corrections notice.
This notice provides guidance on the following topics:
- PHA-Owned Units;
- PHA-Owned Units and Independent Entities;
- Percentage Limitation (Program Cap) and PHA Submission Requirements;
- PBV Percentage Limitation – 10 Percent Increase for Eligible Units;
- Income-Mixing Requirement (Project Cap);
- Units Not Subject to Percentage Limitation (Program Cap) or Income-Mixing Requirement (Project Cap);
- Priority of PBV HAP Contracts;
- PBV Biennial Inspections;
- Adding Units to PBV HAP Contract Without Competition;
- PBV Contract Termination or Expiration without Extension;
- Attaching PBVs to Certain PHA-Owned Projects Without Following a Competitive Process;
- Project-Basing Family Unification Program and HUD-VASH Vouchers;
- Appendix – PBV Program Cap Calculation Instructions;
- Appendix – PHA Plan, Administrative Plan, and Other PBV Topics;
- Appendix – Reporting; and
- Appendix – HCV, Homeownership, and PBV Inspection Requirements.
NAHRO is still in the process of reading through the notice and will provide additional information to our members.
The notice can be found here.