Earlier today, HUD REAC had a conference call with PHAs that volunteered to be a part of the UPCS-V Demonstration. In the conference call, HUD shared additional information on the Demonstration including a timeline moving forward. The Demonstration has 173 agencies from 41 states, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands (31% of vouchers are represented in the Demonstration). HUD took NAHRO’s suggestion in its comment letter and has accepted small and very small agencies, but is still looking for additional agencies to apply.
If your agency is still interested in applying, please provide the following information to UPCSV@hud.gov:
- Name of PHA;
- PHA Address;
- Name of Point of Contact (POC);
- Phone Number of POC; and
- Email Address of POC.
Here is the tentative timeline for the demonstration moving forward.
- Prepare for PHAs starting August 1st;
- Release the software;
- Update the decision trees; and
- Protocol Document release [should be in the next week or two].
- OED to shadow HQS inspections [for first wave of 13 or 14 chosen PHAs; PHAs that are chosen for this wave should already be informed];
- Start training PHAs on UPCS-V August 29th to September 31st;
- PIH Listening Sessions for PHAs only, scheduled at various locations around the country; and
- Public outreach presentation on UPCS-V.
September – December
- Train PHAs [HUD will train PHA inspectors who will start performing inspections at this time];
- Completion of online training tool;
- PIH Listening Sessions; and
- Other presentations on UPCS-V.
January – Summer 2017
- Continue training PHAs.
Additional questions about the demonstration can be mailed to OED@hud.gov.
As noted in the timeline, a revised version of the UPCS-V protocol will be published in the next week or two at the REAC OED website. The slides from today’s call will also be made available on the OED website.
NAHRO is following the Demonstration very closely and will continue to bring you the latest updates.