Allocation Plans for the HOME-American Rescue Plan (ARP) program are due March 31, 2023. The Plans are a requirement for participating jurisdictions who were appropriated funds under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 to provide homelessness assistance and supportive services. Failure to submit an Allocation Plan by the deadline will result in the automatic loss of the HOME-ARP allocation.
Participating jurisdictions must show how they will use HOME-ARP funds and their Plan must include the following:
- A summary of the consultation process and results of upfront consultation;
- An assessment of gaps in housing and shelter inventory, homeless assistance and services, and homelessness prevention service delivery system;
- A summary of comments received through the public participation process and a summary of any comments or recommendations not accepted and the reasons why;
- A description of HOME-ARP qualifying populations within the jurisdiction;
- An assessment of unmet needs of each qualifying population;
- A summary of the planned use of HOME-ARP funds for eligible activities based on the unmet needs of the qualifying populations;
- An estimate of the number of housing units for qualifying populations the PJ will produce or preserve with its HOME-ARP allocation; and
- A description of any preferences for individuals and families in a particular qualifying population or a segment of a qualifying population.
For the full notice of Allocation Plan deadline requirements please see here.