PIH Notice 2022-36 updates Public Housing Operating Fund subsidy grant calculation requirements, including deadlines for PHAs. Since the previous notice in December 2021, this notice revises requirements for using the System for Award Management (SAM), updates utility data calculations, and updates resources and guidance for 2023.
This notice provides guidance covering the following topics:
- exemptions from asset management requirements;
- initial eligibility estimates and eligibility calculations for 2023 funding;
- new Unique Entity Identifier requirements within SAM;
- information submission processes, including project regrouping, clarification of which data PHAs can edit, and updating unit status;
- requesting revision to operating subsidy eligibility;
- a detailed explanation of operating subsidy grant calculations;
- other requirements, including environmental reviews, Moving to Work agreements, and General Depository Agreements, and general requirements;
- the appeals process based on appeal type;
- program requirement for the Rental Assistance Demonstration, Turnkey III, and Envision Center participation; and
- Faircloth limit guidance.
The notice provides useful links, including the Operating Subsidy Grant Processing Webpage, Operating Fund Web Portal, and Operating Subsidy Grant Listserv. The grant processing webpage organizes 2023 Operating Fund documents, the web portal provides deadlines as well as electronic tools and other resources, and the listserv webpage allows PHAs to sign up for mass emails as well as operating fund data from previous years.
For more information about this notice, see the December 15th issue of The NAHRO Monitor. Find Notice 2022-36 here.