The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), in collaboration with the Department of Energy, will host a series of webinars that will focus on energy efficiency in housing. According to HUD, the content of the webinars will be on “basic, practical, and actionable [activities] with an emphasis on the rehabilitation of single- and multi-family housing.” The registration deadline for the webinars is Nov. 25.
The following is a list of webinars being offered.
- Monday, Nov. 29;
- Energy 101: Intro to Energy Efficiency – Building Retrofits with Positive Return on Investment (Noon – 1:30 pm ET);
- Simplifying Energy Audits for Single Family and Multifamily Buildings (2 pm – 3:30 pm ET);
- Tuesday, Nov. 30;
- Weatherization Plus Health (Noon – 1:30 pm ET);
- The Lowest of Low . . . Hanging Fruit: Water Fixtures and Lighting (2 pm – 3:30 pm ET);
- Wednesday, Dec. 1;
- Once Upon a Replacement: Water Heating and HVAC (Noon – 1:30 pm ET);
- Shoo Fly, Don’t Bother Me: Minimally Invasive (to occupants) Exterior Retrofits (2 pm – 3:30 om ET);
- Thursday, Dec. 2;
- Building Decarbonization and On-site Generation (Noon – 1:30 pm ET); and
- Energy Codes, Standards, and Certifications: To the 2021 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and Beyond (2:00 pm – 3:30 pm ET).
More detailed descriptions of each webinar can be found here.
A registration link can be found here (deadline to register is Nov. 25).