The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has updated their Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Landlord Strategy Guidebook for PHAs. New chapters have been posted on monetary incentives and reimbursement funds, inspections, matching local rental markets, and partnerships. The guidebook provides suggestions and ideas for PHAs looking to recruit new landlords and retain current landlords to the HCV program.
The guidebook has the following chapters:
- Introduction (incomplete);
- Choosing which Strategy is Right for Your PHA (incomplete);
- Administrative Flexibilities to Enhance Landlord Satisfaction;
- Education and Outreach (E&O);
- Landlord Focused Customer Service (incomplete);
- Monetary Incentives and Reimbursement Funds (NEW);
- Inspections (NEW);
- Matching Local Rental Markets (NEW);
- Partnerships (NEW);
- Conclusion (incomplete).
The Department’s HCV Landlord Resources webpage can be found here.
The full HCV Landlord Strategy Guidebook for PHAs can be found here.