The Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH) has posted a COVID-19 Toolkit on the PIH Coronavirus webpage.
The toolkit consists of the following documents:
- COVID-19 Quick Guide – a nine page document that provides PHAs “with considerations as they develop strategies to address the impact of the pandemic on their staff.”
- COVID-19 Interaction Playbook for Housing Partners – an eight slide presentation (in PDF format) that lists points for safe distancing of staff, safe distancing of resident, safe distribution, responding to confirmed cases, other findings (e.g., residents will have reduced incomes, residents may not have access to the internet, etc.), case studies, and a slide with additional resources. [Google Chrome is the preferred browser to view this document.]
- COVID-19 Guidance for Housing Partners – a one page document with points on safe goods and services distribution practices and safe visiting practices.
- Coronavirus Prevention Flyer – a one page document created for residents.
- PHA Disaster Readiness and Preparation Guide – a 28 page document from 2016 on general disaster readiness and preparation from HUD.
The National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials is pleased that HUD created and distributed these best practices and resources.
These resources and other COVID-19 related resources, can be found at www.nahro.org/coronavirus.
[6/10/2020 edit – added NAHRO’s COVID-19 resources page.]