HUD REAC’s Oversight and Evaluation Division (OED) published its first newsletter earlier today. The newsletter, which is distributed by email, offers program updates and statistics on the UPCS-V Demonstration.
Here are a few points stressed in the newsletter:
- HUD anticipates UPCS-V version 3 to be published by the end of Summer 2017.
- HUD is interested in learning about landlord events from PHAs. OED staff will do their best to attend these events (in-person or via a conference call) to learn more about landlord concerns.
- HUD has reformatted decision trees and is making several updates to the inspection software, which it is currently being tested in HUD’s control environment. HUD anticipates a release of the update during the first part of May.
- OED staff has trained housing authority staff through in-person and virtual trainings.
- The Powerpoint and a recording of the third conference call can be found on the OED website. [At the time of this posting, NAHRO staff were unable to locate the link to the 2/28/17 conference call PowerPoint.]
- Current UPCS-V statistics:
- 237 Demonstration volunteers (13 spots open);
- 24 PHAs trained; and
- 683 UPCS-V inspections completed by PHAs.