The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD or the Department) has posted several short documents that explain different aspects of the Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) program. The Department is calling this collection of documents the EHV roadmap. Each roadmap is designed to help housing agencies and partnering entities to understand a different aspect of the EHV program.
A list of each available EHV roadmap can be found below:
- EHV 101 – this roadmap provides an overview of the EHV program and identifies certain key resources;
- Administrative Fees – this roadmap describes the different types of administrative fees used in the EHV program and their eligible uses;
- Waivers and Alternative Requirements – this roadmap describes the waivers and alternative requirements available to entities administering the EHV program;
- Referral Process – this roadmap describes important parts of the EHV referral process;
- Advancing Equity (not yet available) – this roadmap describes how the EHV program can focus on equitable outcomes;
- Partnerships – this roadmap provides information on the mandatory partnership requirements in the EHV program and provides best practices for building those partnerships;
- Serving Survivors – this roadmap provides resources for serving survivors of domestic violence with the EHV program;
- Considerations for Rural Communities – this roadmap provides information on serving rural communities along with certain best practices; and
- Pairing Services – this roadmap provides information on funding and best practices for pairing services with the EHV program.
Additionally, the Department is highlighting its “EHV How to Guide for PHAs” which provides a wealth of information on how to operate a successful EHV program.
All of the available roadmaps can be found here.